October 18, 2021

Coin Tastic

Business Managements for you

Florida restaurant owner tells Biden supporters to ‘take your business elsewhere’

A Florida restaurant owner angry over the deaths of U.S. soldiers during the evacuation from Afghanistan has a message for supporters of President BidenJoe BidenBiden stumps for Newsom on eve of recall: ‘The eyes of the nation are on California’ Biden looks to climate to sell economic agenda Family of American held hostage by Taliban urges administration to fire Afghanistan peace negotiator MORE: “Take your business elsewhere.”

Angie Ugarte, the owner of DeBary Diner, posted a sign on her establishment’s front door that caught the attention of Fox 35 Orlando.

“If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere,” the sign reads. 

Ugarte told the local news outlet that she posted the sign the same day 13 U.S. service members were killed in an attack at the Kabul airport in Afghanistan, which also killed dozens of Afghan civilians. 

“I was just angry. I was just let down,” Ugarte said. “I felt like one of those mothers, or wives, or sisters who were gonna get that knock on the door.” 

Ugarte told Fox 35 that many of her regular customers are veterans and that she feels the Biden administration is to blame for the deaths that took place during the Afghanistan evacuation. 

“If you really, really still stand behind what’s allowed this to happen and the way it happened  which was unnecessary  then I really don’t want to be associated with you in any way and I certainly don’t want your business,” Ugarte said.

The restaurant owner said reactions to the sign from customers have been mixed. 

“I’ve had people come to the door and look at it and turn around and walk away. And I’ve had people come into the kitchen while I’m cooking and say, ‘Hey, I love your sign,'” Ugarte said. 

She told Fox 35 that she plans to keep the sign up for as long as American citizens remain in Afghanistan.

Secretary of State Antony BlinkenAntony BlinkenOvernight Defense & National Security — Congress begins Afghanistan grilling Blinken grilled in first hearing since Afghanistan withdrawal US sending M in humanitarian aid to Afghanistan MORE said Monday that the number of Americans who wanted to leave the country but have not been evacuated is “under 200 and likely closer to 100.”

The Defense Department announced last week that 11 Marines, one Navy hospitalman and one Army staff sergeant were killed in the attack carried out by ISIS-K, ISIS’s affiliate in Afghanistan, at the Hamid Karzai International Airport.

Source link